Monday, February 21, 2011

How Amla oil helps in growing your hair

As everyone knows, I have been shopping in Indian Grocery stores for my beauty products and have been finding a world of beneficial oils and herbs belonging to the Ayurvedic system of health and beauty.  Lo and behold, my newest find - Amla


I came across this wonderful Ayurvedic oil to promote healthy and long hair a few months ago and wanted to share this on the blog. 

What is Amla Oil?

Amla oil is one of the world's oldest natural hair conditioners.  It enriches hair growth and pigmentation.  It prevents premature graying of the hair, dandruff and increased strengthening of hair follicles.

Amla is used by applying to hair after washing.  It gives the hair wonderful shine and soft texture and helps to rejuvenate dull and damaged hair.  It also helps to prevent split ends.

Holistic benefits of Amla

Amla has a cooling effect on the scalp and promotes sound sleep and keeps the mind cool.  It also has a beneficial effect on the  memory.  I have to admit that I have noted this to be true in my use of the oil.  It was explained to me by some of the women in the grocery stores that the oils are good for soothing and calming, particularly after a stressful day.

Amla comes in formulations with Brahmi oil, Shikakai and Areetha which are all other herbs that are beneficial to a healthier mind, body and spirit.

Follow the blog for more information on other natural herbs for health and beauty.

Sources:

"Amla" http://www.garrysun.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment