Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hair Care Suggestion: Getting that polished look with natural hair

 It also  makes me so happy to see that many women are  allowing their hair to grow in naturally without all the relaxers.  We have been frying our hair, applying toxic chemicals and pulling it out for sooo long, trying to achieve a standard of beauty that doesn't apply to women with tightly curled or kinky hair. I say let the hair be natural and thrive. Anyway, I wanted to share a great product that I have found to smooth down the natural edges for that polished look.

As I've mentioned before, I have completely gone natural and am constantly looking for creative ways to enhance the beauty of my hair without damaging it. My length is not right where I want it to be, so I wear natural looking half wigs, wigs and weaves for a little length.  In doing so I want my edges to lie smoothly without applying any heat or chemical.  What I found is that "Organix Root Stimulator Gel" does a great job.  You have to be careful not to apply too much (sometimes a white residue forms) but it holds them down really well.  I am still experimenting with how to find my own personal picture perfect look.

Sometimes I apply the gel and apply a little moisture just to smooth it down well.  What I've noticed over the last month or so in using this product is that my edges are getting thicker and healthier.  (I was a casualty of tension alopecia from having braids put it that were too tight!  It seemed that they would never grown in.  But aha, they are looking thicker and fuller everyday)

I would love to hear from others who have perfected their look using this product. 




No comments:

Post a Comment